At Balanix Solutions your privacy is important. We take your right to privacy seriously and are committed to the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. We at Balanix Solutions are determined to ensure all our clients are always treated with respect and guaranteed the levels of security, privacy and service you expect.
2. Type of Information
- Personal Information is any information or an opinion about an individual. Personal information includes sensitive information (refer following), as well as, day to day information such as name, address and contact details.
Personal information would include (but not be limited to) such things as financial and business information provided for the purpose of the provision of bookkeeping services, skills, abilities and experience information contained in Resumes/CVs, as well as, referee information provided as part of recruitment services.
- Sensitive Informationis information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinion
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record
- health or disability (at any time)
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services
- personal information collected to provide health services
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Personal information (including sensitive information) will only be collected where it is necessary for Balanix Solutions’ business purposes. All collection of information will be undertaken in accordance with and in the spirit of the National Privacy Principles.
3. Purpose for which information is collected and used.
Information provided to Balanix Solutions is collected and maybe used in connection with:
- the provision of financial and business management services;
- the provision of bookkeeping services;
- the provision of recruitment and placement services to both employers and work seekers;
- the provision of training;
- business and client relationship management; and
- marketing (for example subscription to newsletters and other marketing initiatives).
In some instances, Balanix Solutions may only disclose information with your consent. Further, we may disclose your information where we are under legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
4. Collection of information.
Information is collected by Balanix Solutions’ employees and/or contractors for its own use and on behalf of others who may require access to your information in connection with work placements, contracting of work, or progression of business requirements (eg, to a designated accountant).
Balanix Solutions engages contractors from time to time. These contractors may see some of your information in order to fulfil the services for which you have engaged Balanix Solutions. Balanix Solutions requires such contractors to respect and abide by the National Privacy Principles, at a minimum, in accordance with this policy & statement.
Each time our website is accessed, statistical data is collected. This data is not linked to a particular person and does not provide Balanix Solutions with any personal information.
5. If you choose not to give us the information we seek.
If you choose not to provide to us the information sought we may be limited in our ability to provide the service(s) that you seek, for example, we maybe limited in our ability to locate for you and/or place you in suitable employment.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the information that we hold about you. Please note that we do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information. If you wish to obtain access to your information you should make a request to us in writing, including, verification of your identity.
If you are of the view that information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we are unable to agree that the information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to attach with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access to your information and you should anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access, as there maybe a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information maybe provided.
7. How do we protect the security of your information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your information is stored in a secured building and in computerised programs which require a login and password to gain access. Logins and passwords are only provided to those who require and are authorised to access.
Visitors to our premises are always accompanied by a member of Balanix Solutions for the duration of their visit.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify information as soon as law permits and provided that the information is no longer needed by us.
9. Complaints and Inquiries
If at any time you have a question, concern or complaint regarding Balanix Solutions privacy, please contact us (during normal office hours):
Mrs Sally Balwin
Phone: (07) 3264 4783
Fax: (07) 3264 4781
You can also make complaints directly to the Federal Privacy Commissioner.