Recruitment Consultants -v- Recruitment Agencies
Recruitment consultancy is a viable alternative to recruitment agencies. The key things about recruitment consultants are:
- Consultants don’t manage candidates.
- Consultants work closely with the business owner/manager to understand the job and organisational cultural requirements in great depth.
- Recruitment and selection is targeted to attract to a specific role and requirements.
- Fee structure follows a consultancy model and generally is lower than the agency model.
- Manage candidates.
- Fees are generally a percentage of the salary offered for the position.
- Attract a broad range of candidates within a work discipline.
- May have a number of masters who they are serving (eg, Government in relation to Job Network, Labor hire clients, as well as specific recruitment assignments).
If you are experiencing high turnover/low retention of staff, recruitment consultants can provide a more strategic and targeted alternative to recruitment.