As businesses continue to experience difficulties with staff attraction and retention these 17 simple low cost ways show your people you appreciate and value them.
- Movie Tickets.
- Gift Certificates or vouchers.
- Book of Stamps.
- A framed memento/letter/certificate.
- Inscribe a favourite book as a gift.
- Balloons decorated with appropriate messages.
- Purchase a plant or flower arrangement with appropriate message.
- Buy the person something to use in his/her hobby.
- Lunch-on-me voucher or take the person to lunch as a form of thanks or to mark a special event.
- Doughnuts, bagels, or rolls as an early morning starter.
- If your people are outside during the hot seasons (eg, Real Estate Agents) have Icecreams/blocks in the freezer for them.
- A “funny” trophy that is passed among team members based on “inside” criteria.
- Submit the person’s name for a Wall of Fame.
- Something engraved with the person’s name, such as a pen set, business card holder, plaque, or portfolio.
- Paid subscription to a professional magazine or newsletter.
- A small contribution to their favourite charity in the person’s name.
- Time-off; full day or half-day.