Choosing a Bookkeeper – Part 3
OK, from the previous two Blogs in this series we have gone through the process of establishing a potential bookkeeper is qualified, experienced and professional to do your bookwork. The final hurdle is what value to your business can they be. Good bookkeepers will recommend good financial processes and systems to ensure sound financial controls. Further, they will use audit controls, back-ups and reconciliation reports to ensure control and accuracy of the accounts. Good bookkeepers will have the skill and knowledge to develop financial reports required by your business and assist with cashflows and budgets. Check that your bookkeeper:
- suggests and recommends changes to financial processes and systems to ensure better financial controls.
- uses quality systems and controls.
- uses audit controls in their bookkeeping.
- can produce management and financial reports regularly to support you and your business.
- can assist with the development of cashflows and budgets.